POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting individuals living in the residence based on each of their individual needs as well as monitoring and documenting individual progress and development.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma of GED; or, 21 years of age and have effective communication skills. Must provide own transportation. Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) Certificate preferred.
SKILL SETS: Adequate communication skills, process verbal and written instructions, dependable, interact effectively with the public and staff, adaptability-able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, strong sense of commitment.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIORMENTAL DEMANDS: Visual acuity necessary for appraising the appearance of the home and individuals. Frequent talking and hearing when communicating with staff individuals, families and other service providers. Assistance in lifting individuals may be required. Work is light with walking, standing and occasional stooping. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Strength, balance and dexterity required when performing safe physical management techniques with acting out individuals. Work involves evening, nights, weekends and holidays.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Provide a normalized atmosphere appropriate to the needs of the individuals and develop activities within the home to encourage interaction.
- Provide specific training to the individuals according to the Plan of care. Ensure the strategies of the individuals are being followed and recorded as specified on the Plan of Care.
- Coordinates with other services providers to incorporate activities and trainings regarding the individuals.
- Keep track of the administering of medication i.e. recording, refills, dosage, etc.
- Know the medical needs of each individual and the protocol for emergency procedures. Review all documentation i.e. Plan of Care, Crisis prevention Plan, evaluations, medical consultation forms, medications.
- Understands dietary needs and prepares or assists individuals in meal preparation on individual’s needs.
- Maintain general upkeep of the home and yard. Ensures the household is kept clean and in good repair, inside and out.
- Provides or arranges transportation to and from employment, personal appointments, shopping, recreation, and church, medical and other appointments.
- Ensure the individuals have adequate supplies of clothing, personal and household supplies.
- Ensure that all paperwork (notes, drills, incident reports, billing, etc.) are completed at the end of each shift.
- Assist the individuals with daily living skills, personal hygiene and social skills.
- Participates in agency continuing quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Communicare, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Attends mandatory in-services and other training/educational programs as required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org