Production Team Member
Toyotomi America Corporation (TAC) in Springfield, KY manufactures metal stampings for the OEM Automotive Industry. The company supplies body panels, structural parts, and sub-assemblies to major Automotive Manufactures and Tier 1 companies, including the capability to fabricate stamping dies. Toyotomi is a local company that offers competitive salary and benefits. We take pride in our team members and the products we produce.
Summary/Objective (role description):
The role of the team member is to perform essential operations in accordance with standard operating procedures to meet safety, quality, cost, and human resource development goals and targets every day. As a critical member of our workforce, team members provide valuable services to ensure Toyotomi consistently meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Essential Functions (duties and tasks summary):
Team members must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the role which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform assigned assembly operations according to standardized procedures (which may include using hand/power tools, working in and around moving conveyors, stationary and moving overhead cranes, and forklifts).
- Inspect and measure work output to verify conformance to specifications.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, orderly condition.
- Complete necessary reporting.
- Communicate abnormal situations to Team Leader or Specialist.
- Perform inspection and testing of sample parts, components, and materials to ensure conformance to standards.
- Suggest changes in use of equipment or processes to improve quality and efficiency of job and/or operation.
Work Environment (example):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to conditions of heat in the summer and cold in the winter and will work near moving mechanical parts. Uniform clothing and PPE provisions are provided by the company and are designed to assist with these conditions. Team members are also exposed to noise, which may require the use of hearing protection in certain areas.
Physical Requirements (example):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and to communicate.
The employee must regularly lift and carry up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds max. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work (example):
This is a full-time shift-work position. Overtime is required as needed to meet customer demand and may involve weekend work.
Skills and abilities based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity include:
1. Ability to work and communicate as a member of a team.
2. Punctuality to the work schedule.
3. Ability to learn and operate machinery.
4. Ability to follow standardized work procedures as trained.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Mechanical aptitude or one month of related experience or training preferred.
TAC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time at the sole discretion of TAC, with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com