Process Engineering Specialist
Toyotomi America Corporation (TAC) in Springfield, KY manufactures metal stampings for the OEM Automotive Industry. The company supplies body panels, structural parts, and sub-assemblies to major Automotive Manufactures and Tier 1 companies, including the capability to fabricate stamping dies. Toyotomi is a local company that offers competitive salary and benefits and we take pride in our team members and the products we produce.
Summary/Objective (role description):
Assist with coordinating activities of a professional group of engineers engaged in the design and development of products or systems, with committed objectives, schedules, quality and costs.
Essential Functions (duties and tasks summary):
Team members must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the role which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessing processes for their relevance, and assessing the adequacy of engineering equipment; Reviewing existing data to see if more research and information need to be collated;
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes;
- Conducting process development experiments to scale in a laboratory;
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts;
- Managing the cost and time constraints of projects;
- Selecting, managing and working with sub-contractors;
- Assuming responsibility for operations on the production floor;
- Working closely with engineers to monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of a plant;
- Ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs;
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved;
- Assuming responsibility for environmental monitoring and ongoing performance of processes and process plant;
- Ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations;
- Working closely with other specialists, including: specialists responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers responsible for plant maintenance; commercial colleagues on product specifications and production schedules; and the operating crew.
1. Technical Aptitude
- Administrative knowledge regarding data collection, and capital equipment analysis.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes and equipment capabilities.
2. Non-Technical Aptitude
- Leadership (sets pace, decisiveness, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness.
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication skills, listening skills).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, developmental orientation, results orientation, resilience, quality orientation).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to conditions of heat in the summer and cold in the winter and will work near moving mechanical parts. Uniform clothing and PPE provisions are provided by the company and are designed to assist with these conditions. Team members are also exposed to noise, which may require the use of hearing protection in certain areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and to communicate.
The employee must regularly lift and carry up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds max. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work (example):
This is a full-time shift-work position. Overtime is required as needed to meet customer demand and may involve weekend work.
Qualifications: Travel 20%
- Inside US travel required
- Outside US travel required/Passport required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, five (5) + years of Operations/Manufacturing Engineering or in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TAC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time at the sole discretion of TAC, with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org