Facilities Engineering Specialist
Toyotomi America Corporation (TAC) in Springfield, KY manufactures metal stampings for the OEM Automotive Industry. The company supplies body panels, structural parts, and sub-assemblies to major Automotive Manufactures and Tier 1 companies, including the capability to fabricate stamping dies. Toyotomi is a local company that offers competitive salary and benefits and we take pride in our team members and the products we produce.
Summary/Objective (role description):
Supports the maintenance of the building, grounds, equipment, and plant facilities. Leads plant facility and large capital projects.
Essential Functions (duties and tasks summary):
Team members must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the role which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installs, moves, repairs, and removes equipment and utilities within the building.
- Keeps in compliance with and abreast of all OSHA regulations.
- Contracts with and supervises all outside contractors.
- Supervise the activities of all outside contractors who are working in our plant or on our grounds.
- Supervise associate facility specialists.
- Must be flexible and able to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish TAC goals and objectives.
1. Technical Competencies
- Strong mechanical aptitudes, and a working knowledge of electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes and equipment capabilities.
- Knowledge of basic electricity or equivalent. Helpful if able to read blueprints, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatics schematics and circuit diagrams and use measurement instruments and gauges. Should be skilled in the use of various types of hand tools and power equipment used in carpentry or general construction.
2. Non-Technical Aptitude
- Leadership (sets pace, decisiveness, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness.
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication skills, listening skills).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, developmental orientation, results orientation, resilience, quality orientation).
Work Environment (example):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to conditions of heat in the summer and cold in the winter and will work near moving mechanical parts. Uniform clothing and PPE provisions are provided by the company and are designed to assist with these conditions. Team members are also exposed to noise, which may require the use of hearing protection in certain areas.
Physical Requirements (example):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and to communicate.
The employee must regularly lift and carry up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds max. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work (example):
This is a full-time shift-work position. Overtime is required as needed to meet customer demand and may involve weekend work.
Qualifications: Travel 20%
- Inside US travel required
- Outside US travel required/Passport required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or associate degree with technical training in plant engineering, or factory / plant maintenance.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, two of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multi-functional maintenance staff.
TAC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time at the sole discretion of TAC, with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org