Apply online: Click Here
PRIMARY FUNCTION: A Production Team Member is the cornerstone of our manufacturing operations. Responsible for safe production of quality products, Team Members operate equipment, assemble product, perform quality inspections, actively participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement initiatives, and work as a team to manufacture world class interior automotive parts.
- Perform activities within a team environment.
- Follow work instructions at each operation to ensure consistent product is manufactured and assembled.
- Participate in classroom and hands-on training.
- Operate various machinery, tools, and equipment.
- Perform visual quality inspections on all parts produced.
- Report any defects, deficiencies, or process issues related to safety, quality, or production to Production Supervisor.
- Contribute to and participate in continuous improvement initiatives concerning safety, quality, production, 5S, and other measures.
- Actively follow 5S (maintaining a consistent and orderly work space at all times for increased safety and efficiency).
- Communicate with fellow Team Members any issues that arise throughout the production process.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor or any other member of management.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide health and safety procedures and rules
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those they can.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities by:
- Identifying and correcting hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Developing, or participating, in job safety analysis and safe working procedures.
- Conducting, or assisting, in accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
- Maintain housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
- Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Participate actively in providing suggestions for the health and safety program improvement.
- Know and implement regulatory compliance requirements in their work area.
- Participates in formal involvement team activities. Supports all departmental and organizational improvement initiatives in order to achieve business objectives.
- Participate in TS 16949/ ISO 14001 activities or any other organizational certifications as needed.
- Must participate in and successfully complete required training.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standing, sitting, walking, stooping, use of hands to inspect parts, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talking and hearing. Employee will frequently lift and/or move product. Developmental training will be defined by the Department Manager and could be in-house or external to the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in an assembly line/manufacturing setting would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to communicate well with others, including fellow Team Members, Supervisors, and Managers.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Desire to contribute in a world class manufacturing environment.
Developmental training will be defined by the Department Manager and could be in-house or external to the site
This job description reflects assignment of essential functions and requirements. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks or requirements that may be assigned
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org