Associate – Production
JOB TITLE: Team Member
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
PRIMARY FUNCTION: A Production Team Member is the cornerstone of our manufacturing operations. Responsible for safe production of quality products, Team Members operate equipment, assemble product, perform quality inspections, actively participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement initiatives, and work as a team to manufacture world class interior automotive parts.
- Perform activities within a team environment.
- Follow work instructions at each operation to ensure consistent product is manufactured and assembled.
- Participate in classroom and hands-on training.
- Operate various machinery, tools, and equipment.
- Perform visual quality inspections on all parts produced.
- Report any defects, deficiencies, or process issues related to safety, quality, or production to Production Supervisor.
- Contribute to and participate in continuous improvement initiatives concerning safety, quality, production, 5S, and other measures.
- Actively follow 5S (maintaining a consistent and orderly work space at all times for increased safety and efficiency).
- Communicate with fellow Team Members any issues that arise throughout the production process.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor or any other member of management.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide health and safety procedures and rules
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those they can.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities by:
- Identifying and correcting hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Developing, or participating, in job safety analysis and safe working procedures.
- Conducting, or assisting, in accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
- Maintain housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
- Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Participate actively in providing suggestions for the health and safety program improvement.
- Know and implement regulatory compliance requirements in their work area.
- Participates in formal involvement team activities. Supports all departmental and organizational improvement initiatives in order to achieve business objectives.
- Participate in TS 16949/ ISO 14001 activities or any other organizational certifications as needed.
- Must participate in and successfully complete required training.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standing, sitting, walking, stooping, use of hands to inspect parts, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talking and hearing. Employee will frequently lift and/or move product. Developmental training will be defined by the Department Manager and could be in-house or external to the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in an assembly line/manufacturing setting would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to communicate well with others, including fellow Team Members, Supervisors, and Managers.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Desire to contribute in a world class manufacturing environment.
Developmental training will be defined by the Department Manager and could be in-house or external to the site.
This job description reflects assignment of essential functions and requirements. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks or requirements that may be assigned