Click here to view the full job description and apply!
Develops management skills and leadership competencies through successful completion of Management Training assignments at multiple SSC locations. Oversees key business components in the areas of operations, sales, merchandising, inventory, and financial management. Builds upon previous experience in the agricultural industry to assume increasing levels of management responsibility. Must be willing to relocate to SSC facilities within an assigned region.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions may vary with each assignment and the merchandise mix, customer base, and business volume at various SSC locations.
- Demonstrate commitment to successfully executing a personalized Management Training Development Plan created in coordination with division leadership, training team, and local facility management. Relocate to multiple facilities within assigned region/division. Continuously communicate with management team to track progress and modify development plan as necessary.
- Collaborate with the management team and employees at each location to generate sales, deliver customer service, and oversee operations. Assume a variety of key responsibilities based on location and personalized development plan.
- Demonstrate a commitment to SSC mission, vision and values
- Able to learn and develop knowledge of SSC products and services and the regional agricultural industry
- Able to learn and effectively apply knowledge of daily operations to drive sales volume, minimize expenses, and enforce polices and operating procedures to support business goals
- Able to learn and effectively apply knowledge of regulations governing storage, distribution and sales of manufactured goods, agricultural products, petroleum, propane, and/or related merchandise
- Able to perform data analysis and utilize results to optimize performance and increase profitability
- Able to manage budgets and monitor expenses
- Able to utilize creative thinking and problem solving skills to develop solutions
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, staff, management, and external counterparts
- Able to consistently demonstrate customer-focused interpersonal skills and professional communication
- Able to learn and develop knowledge, skills and abilities relating to servant leadership, building and motivating teams, and delegating responsibilities
- Able to maintain composure while managing conflict and stressful situations
- Attention to detail, accuracy and accountability
- Computer literacy to utilize MS Office products and SSC business systems
- Able to work in a fast paced, customer focused, team environment
- Able to speak, read, write the English language in a proficient manner
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- Must be willing to relocate for management career progression