LAB-QUALITY & ASSURANCE
Click here to apply!
POSITION: Lab Technician
REPORT TO: QA Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Special Skilled/Non-Exempt
WORKING HOURS: Full Time, 12 hour shifts (7A – 7P, 7P – 7A), Overtime as needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily analytical and microbiological testing on incoming “raw” products, on-line samples, and finished products following established guidelines and procedures.
- Complete data entry in the Food Safety System as well as the internal ERP System.
- Accurately report and document test results and complete appropriate forms, reports.
- Be able to recognize abnormal results and lab equipment malfunctions, be able to make appropriate decisions in relation to quality issues.
- Communicate out of spec results to QA manager.
- Organize work to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Do general routine maintenance and QC of equipment and cleaning in area.
- Perform weekly environmental swabbing.
- Present a positive attitude toward job, co-workers, and other departments.
- Use appropriate resource materials.
- Complies with plant regulations concerning GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), safety requirements and work rules, and loss control procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing any food safety hazards. In the event that a food safety hazard is identified, the employee is to notify their supervisor, a member of Quality, or a member of the Leadership Team. Employees are empowered to immediately address a food safety hazard if they have the ability.
- Responsible for attending all required safety and food safety training.
- Perform any and all duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must exhibit accuracy and repeatability in all areas of testing.
In the absence of the Lab Technician, the QA Manager will be responsible for assigning another trained operator to do this job.
- Must be neat and clean.
- Must be punctual.
- Must have good computer skills. Microsoft Office, ERP Systems, etc.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Must present a positive attitude toward co-workers and job.
- Must do other work as assigned.
- Must obtain certification for testing of raw milk, UK Regulatory Services.
- Must obtain certification for antibiotics, micro testing, Kentucky Dept for Public Health.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching, twisting, lifting, climbing ladders and stairs, and carrying up to 85 pounds.
Environmental Demands: Noise levels above 85 DBA. Hot and cold working conditions.
Job Hazards: Caustics, acids, chlorine, ammonia, high pressure steam and water, hot equipment, trucks fork lifts, conveyers, mechanical hazards, slick or wet floors, confined space entry, elevated work areas on platforms, and equipment above 10 feet.
Other Job Requirements: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by management.
Excellent Benefits: medical, dental, vision and life; air evac coverage, PTO, sick days, holiday pay, matching 401K
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com