Information Technology Specialist
Toyotomi America Corporation (TAC) in Springfield, KY manufactures metal stampings for the OEM Automotive Industry. The company supplies body panels, structural parts, and sub-assemblies to major Automotive Manufactures and Tier 1 companies, including the capability to fabricate stamping dies. Toyotomi is a local company that offers competitive salary and benefits and we take pride in our team members and the products we produce.
Summary/Objective (role description):
Assist with coordinating and monitoring activities for the design and development of systems that meet or exceed committed objectives, schedules, quality and costs. This position will be involved in setting benchmark for the department and assisting in meeting or exceeding those goals.
Essential Functions (duties and tasks summary):
Team members must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the role which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the management and maintenance of all company servers and software including but not limited to applying updates and preparing guidelines for effective management and usage.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the current network infrastructure providing recommendations for necessary upgrades.
- Work with other departments to ensure support of new products or processes is being provided.
- Assist with the management of department’s project list to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist and suggest purchase of equipment and software to improve efficiency and performance of the company.
- Supervise and evaluate computer network administration and provide documentation and training to support activity.
- Work with the Kaizen process to drive improvements throughout the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish TAC goals and objectives.
Primarily this position will operate in an open office environment with a moderate noise level. However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to conditions of heat in the summer and cold in the winter and will work near moving mechanical parts. Uniform clothing and PPE provisions are provided by the company and are designed to assist with these conditions. Team members are also exposed to noise, which may require the use of hearing protection in certain areas.
Physical Requirements (example):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and to communicate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work (example):
This is a full-time position.
Skills and abilities based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity include:
- Knowledge of AS400 (I-Series) hardware and software.
- Experience deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge implementing and administering VMware ESXi 6.5 and above.
- Experience with network services/protocols (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, etc.) and network appliances (Cisco switches, Firewall, Spam Filters, etc.).
- Strong knowledge administering, implementing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365.
- Understanding of EDI technology, especially Trusted Link for Windows and or Trusted Link for I-Series.
- Administrative knowledge regarding data collection, and interfacing to equipment. (Example: Barcode Scanners, Label Printers, PLC’s, and other computer peripherals).
- Knowledge of data collection from PLC’s using OPC standards and software such as Kepware.
- Technical knowledge in administering, implementing, and analyzing network systems.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation of IT asset inventory, warranty and license management, and contracts.
- Leadership (self-driven, highly motivated, strong attention to detail)
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication skills, listening skills).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, developmental orientation, results orientation, resilience, quality orientation).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Equivalent, three (3) + years of network administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA, Network+, Security+, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com