Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Website Toyotomi America
Apply online: Click Here to Apply
Toyotomi America Corporation (TAC) in Springfield, KY manufactures metal stampings for the OEM Automotive Industry. The company supplies body panels, structural parts, and sub-assemblies to major Automotive Manufacturer’s and Tier 1 companies, including the capability to fabricate stamping dies. Toyotomi is a local company that offers competitive salary and benefits, and we take pride in our team members and the products we produce.
The role of the Safety/Environmental Specialist is to plan, and carry out policies relating to health, safety, environmental, and security. This is performed personally and by instructing and managing subordinates.
The Safety/Environmental Specialist must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the role which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess team member safety training needs, develop and provide specific training programs for all team members.
- Develop safety and environmental policies and procedures to assure legal compliance for EPA, OSHA, records and training requirements.
- Coordinate the management of worker’s compensation, including coordinating treatment and return to work for injured team members.
- Responsible for maintaining plant security system and managing fleet vehicles.
- Act at EMR for company’s ISO 14001 program.
- Assist in development of annual budget for health, safety, security and environmental activities for all team members.
- Work closely with Manager to carry out specific goals not otherwise listed.
- Bachelors degree in business or health and safety preferred. 2-3 years health/safety/environmental experience in an industrial environment.
- Training and development techniques and evaluation.
- Safety practices and worker’s compensation administration.
- Non-Technical Aptitude
- Leadership (setting pace, decisiveness, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness).
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness).
- Open office environment.
- Moderate noise level
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Overtime may be required as needed by the company.
Occasional travel is required to fulfill OSHA, EPA, and other requirements Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in health and safety preferred. 2-3 years health and safety experience in an industrial environment is requested, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Duties:This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time at the sole discretion of TAC, with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org