Engineering Project Specialist
Toyotomi America Corporation (TAC) in Springfield, KY manufactures metal stampings for the OEM Automotive Industry. The company supplies body panels, structural parts, and sub-assemblies to major Automotive Manufactures and Tier 1 companies, including the capability to fabricate stamping dies. Toyotomi is a local company that offers competitive salary and benefits and we take pride in our team members and the products we produce.
Summary/Objective (role description):
Management of TAC projects to ensure On Time and On Budget status.
Essential Functions (duties and tasks summary):
Team members must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the role which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all Project schedules and coordinate required tasks and information
- Coordinate project schedules with Customer/Vendors requirements
- Track progress for all due dates and provide both contingency plans as well as catch up plans when required
- Coordinate T/Ms from all involved Departments (Assy, QA, PC, Stamping, Maintenance, IT, etc.)
- Conduct and lead regular team meetings and Senior Management presentations
- Ensure all projects are being completed to TAC and customer standards
- Coordinate FSR, RFQ and ECI information and ensure properly responded to and/or implemented
- Customer tolerances and parts shipment requirements
- TAC equipment specifications
- Assist in the Engineering of manufacturing process by ensuring bill of materials and routing accuracy and maintaining tooling and production equipment for productivity and safety.
- Assist in the development of new and improved manufacturing processes through analyzing and improving the plant layout, purchasing new and more efficient equipment, and finding ways to reduce manufacturing costs (I.e. reduce scrap, set-up time, etc.).
- Assist in managing the Engineering Department to achieve Hoshin Goals and Budget targets.
- Must be flexible and able to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish TAC goals and objectives.
- Non-Technical Aptitude
- Must be willing to take on new areas and willing accept new assignments in new technical areas.
- Must be a self-starter requiring little or no guidance.
- An experienced leader and having the technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Leadership (sets pace, decisiveness, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness.
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication skills, listening skills).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, developmental orientation, results orientation, resilience, quality orientation).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to conditions of heat in the summer and cold in the winter and will work near moving mechanical parts. Uniform clothing and PPE provisions are provided by the company and are designed to assist with these conditions. Team members are also exposed to noise, which may require the use of hearing protection in certain areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and to communicate.
The employee must regularly lift and carry up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds max. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work (example):
This is a full-time shift-work position. Overtime is required as needed to meet customer demand and may involve weekend work.
- Inside US travel required
- Outside US travel required/Passport required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering or equivalent, AND A minimum of five (5) + years’ related experience and/or training; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in several of the manufacturing (operational) areas, preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment.
TAC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time at the sole discretion of TAC, with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com