Electrical Technology Instructor
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Title: Electrical Technology Instructor
Salary Range: 36,500.00
Contract Term Length: 10 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Springfield Campus
Department: Technical Division
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Work-Life Balance
- 9.5 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks Institutional Closing Pay (Last 2 weeks of December) for qualifying positions
- Employee Assistance Program
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College is seeking an Electrical Technology Instructor at the Springfield Campus with the ability and desire to teach industrial automation and robotics, industrial electricity including AC/DC circuits (series, parallel, combination, RL, RC, and RCL circuits), industrial motor controls, rotating machines (AC/DC Motors, and generators, transformers, three phase circuits, commercial and residential wiring. Must have knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, and/or Siemens). Familiarity with current National Electrical Code and National Electrical Safety Code is a must. The faculty teaching load is 15 credit hours per semester (or the equivalent). The assignment may include evening and weekend hours, as well as teaching at all ECTC remote sites. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to teaching and learning, working with diverse populations, and growing the College’s mission and vision. 10 months (August-May).
- Curriculum development and curriculum revision, academic advising duties, professional development, internal and external service, and participation in student recruitment and retention activities.
- Plan and carry out instructional activities, prepare lesson plans, maintain records and report on students’ progress.
Associate’s degree in Advanced manufacturing field (Electrical Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology, Fluid Power Technology, or Industrial Maintenance Technology) Bachelor’s degree and Journeyman Electrician License preferred.
Additional Skills Requested:
Successful candidates should demonstrate:
• The ability to use Blackboard for communication and feedback, curriculum development, course design, and student outcome assessment.
• Proficiency in the fluid power systems and industrial maintenance technologies is a plus.
• Strong communications/relationship building skills.
• The ability to teach in a professional, enthusiastic, and organized manner in order to reach as many students as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org