CDL Driver (Part-time)
Click Here to Apply!
Operates a commercial motor vehicle tractor and trailer combination to transport agricultural products between Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) facilities and to customer sites within a designated region. Load types may include dry and liquid bulk products, equipment, and/or packaged merchandise. Products are based on division and facility location, and range from fertilizer, crop protectants and treatment products, to feed, seed, and farm supplies. Represents SSC in a professional manner to customers. Assists with various warehouse and facility operations. Strictly adheres to government regulations and SSC operating procedures while working independently. Vehicles meet Class A designation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds).
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate with facility management and counterparts to assess daily merchandise delivery and operations needs. Assist with planning delivery schedules and routes.
- Safely operate tractor and trailer combinations including: flat bed, liquid nurse tanker, dry tender, and Killebrew dump trailer. Equipment and load type vary by division and location. Transport dry and liquid bulk products, farm supplies, equipment, and/or packaged merchandise to proper destinations in accordance with SSC polices, DOT regulations and local traffic laws.
- Load or assist with loading of dry and liquid bulk products. Verify load documentation and inventory availability. Effectively operate equipment controls on trailer and at facility according to standard operating procedures for bulk loading. Monitor scales, meters, gauges, and terminal controls to verify weight/quantity. Utilize proper equipment to load or assist with loading palleted merchandise, equipment, and farm supplies.
- Off-load or assist with off-loading merchandise at destination by either dropping trailer, dispensing from tank, or utilizing forklift and material handling equipment to unload palleted merchandise, equipment and farm supplies. Review shipping documentation with customers. May load bulk fertilizer and crop protectant products into spreading vehicles.
- Perform pre- and post-trip vehicle safety inspections. Maintain mileage and fuel logs. Review and complete shipping documentation including bills of lading, reports, documentation, and automated systems accurately and in a timely manner according to standard operating procedures for documentation. Review all documents prepared by receiving team members.
- Represent SSC in a positive manner through professional and courteous communication with customers and business partners. Review account details with customers during deliveries. Provide information on delivered products and equipment. Collect account payments. Confirm future deliveries with customers to maintain their required inventory.
- Properly utilize and maintain equipment and vehicles. Perform routine preventive maintenance and repair to keep equipment and vehicles in good working condition. Notify supervisor of vehicle and equipment service needs to ensure timely repair or replacement.
- Depending upon location, may perform a variety of functions to assist team with daily operations, including but not limited to: taking soil samples at customer locations, mixing bulk fertilizer according to custom formulas, loading customer vehicles, utilizing a forklift or other material handling equipment, and performing warehouse operations including receiving and inventory management.
- Depending upon business need, may also operate box trucks, pick-up trucks, flat beds, and/or other commercial vehicles to transport merchandise between SSC facilities and customer farms, production sites, and residences. Deliver, handle, load and unload a variety of packaged merchandise, including: seed, fertilizer, crop protectants and treatment products, feed, farm supplies, equipment, and/or plant material.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools, equipment and supplies in proper places. Minimize waste and properly dispose of waste material. Perform all related cleaning of equipment, vehicle and work areas according to Housekeeping Plan and SSC procedures.
- Perform work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers, property, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment and vehicles according to SSC policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Performs a variety of retail operations functions to ensure sales readiness and customer support at Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) service and cooperative locations. Job functions vary by location and generally include: receiving merchandise and maintaining warehouse inventory, stocking shelves and supporting merchandising efforts, maintaining showroom appearance, filling customer orders and providing loading assistance, and performing general facility maintenance. Effectively operates a forklift and other industrial equipment. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions — complexity of essential job functions increases with grade level
- Maintain regular communication with store leadership to receive daily assignments and provide timely information regarding receiving and inventory supply, customer orders, showroom appearance, facility maintenance, safety, loss prevention, and other factors critical to daily operations.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer support. Assist customers with filling orders, lifting and accessing products, and loading merchandise into vehicles. Verify invoices to ensure proper merchandise and quantities are loaded. Effectively secure loads.
- Receive merchandise deliveries at facility warehouse according to established procedures. Unload merchandise in various forms including pallets, boxes, bulk, and/or large items utilizing proper equipment (forklift, front-end loader, skid loader, pallet jack, etc.) and manual lifting as appropriate. Count and verify accuracy of delivery by comparing to purchase orders and reviewing shipping documents. Inspect items for damage or defects. Notify supervisor immediately of shipping errors, damage to materials, and product quality issues.
- Safely move merchandise throughout the warehouse utilizing proper equipment, including manual lifting. Perform full pallet put-away, accurately storing merchandise in warehouse racking or other designated locations. Manually stack down mixed pallets, sorting merchandise for warehouse storage or showroom replenishment.
- Perform showroom replenishment. Safely move merchandise to the showroom utilizing proper equipment and/or manual lifting. Stock merchandise ensuring shelves and displays are neatly faced and organized and that items are accessible to customers. Perform recovery according to facility procedures.
- Reconfigure store shelving, build endcaps, and assist with creating merchandise displays. Read and interpret merchandising diagrams (plan-o-grams).
- Deliver bulk and/or packaged merchandise to customer locations utilizing SSC vehicles.
- Fill propane cylinders. Operate all propane-related equipment according to established procedures and safety protocols, and in compliance with training and licensing requirements.
- Assist facility team members in taking physical inventory according to established guidelines.
- Monitor entrances and exits in an effort to promote store security, safety, and to minimize merchandise loss. Request receipt or proof of payment in keeping with facility procedures. Escalate potential security concerns to store leadership.
- Perform regular inspections of forklifts and other industrial equipment according to facility guidelines. Identify and report maintenance needs to supervisor. May assist with maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties and general facility maintenance to keep warehouse, showroom, outside lot and display areas neat and safe. Keep aisles and walkways clear of debris. May perform lawn care, snow removal, painting, and a variety of other general maintenance assignments as determined by location needs.
- Work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers and property, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment and vehicles according to SSC policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com