2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
Click here to apply!
Toyotomi America Corporation (TAC) in Springfield, KY manufactures metal stampings for the OEM Automotive Industry. The company supplies body panels, structural parts, and sub-assemblies to major Automotive Manufactures and Tier 1 companies, including the capability to fabricate stamping dies. Toyotomi is a local company that offers competitive salary and benefits and we take pride in our team members and the products we produce.
Summary/Objective (role description):
The role of the Production Support: Maintenance Team Member is: to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on the facilities, grounds and related equipment. This includes plumbing, lighting, compressed air, HVAC systems and others. Maintain the appearance and general condition of the plant and grounds.
Essential Functions (duties and tasks summary):
Team members must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the role which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Industrial production equipment maintenance – Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of all production and support equipment. This requires a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronics theory as it applies to industrial production equipment such as, but not limited to, robotic systems, stamping presses, welders, paint systems and their controls and/or PLC programs.
- Interior/Exterior facilities maintenance – Maintain interior/exterior walls, doors, floors, lights, plumbing of air and water systems, roofing, sidewalks and parking areas. Maintain restroom water closets, sinks, water heaters, water treatment system and plant electrical systems.
- HVAC System maintenance –Learn to inspect and repair air conditioning and furnace units on a regular basis. Complete preventive maintenance activities on this equipment and maintain repair records.
- General plant appearance – Perform drywall repair, painting, floor patching, snow removal, general hauling and other activities to maintain plant appearance and area safety.
- Must be flexible and able to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish TAC goals and objectives
Work Environment (example):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to conditions of heat in the summer and cold in the winter and will work near moving mechanical parts. Uniform clothing and PPE provisions are provided by the company and are designed to assist with these conditions. Team members are also exposed to noise, which may require the use of hearing protection in certain areas.
Physical Requirements (example):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and to communicate.
The employee must regularly lift and carry up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds max. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work (example):
This is a full-time shift-work position. Overtime is required as needed to meet customer demand and may involve weekend work.
Skills and abilities based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity include:
- Knowledge of basic electricity or equivalent. Helpful if able to read blueprints, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatics schematics and circuit diagrams and use measurement instruments and gauges. Should be skilled in the use of various types of hand tools and power equipment used in carpentry or general construction.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2-year technical degree or 5 years’ experience of related work experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com